Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IWSG - APRIL 2017

THE INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP

The Insecure Writers’ Support Group posts the first Wednesday of the month. IWSG is where writers can write about their insecurities without feeling threatened. If you're reading this as a writer and have any insecurities about your writing, join us. Every month we have a new question to answer. This month's question is: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

No, I haven't. I don't believe I am up to the month-long challenge but for those who are, it is a great way to meet new people. The premise of the A to Z Challenge is to blog every day in April, with each day's post covering a letter of the alphabet. Although I won't be participating in the writing part, I will certainly be following my fellow writers as they make their way through the month. Check out the IWSG website for tips and support as you pursue your writing career. While there, why not sign-up? We'd love to have you become a member of this great group of writing friends: http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html

PIPER MORGAN MAKES A SPLASH
INVITATION TO PIPER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!

I'd like to introduce Stephanie Faris' new book "Piper Morgan Makes a Splash." Now available at bookstores and online. If you have a young reader pick up a copy--or two, or three! (Recommended ages 6-9)

Several of Stephanie's friends and fellow writers are spotlighting her book on their blogs today. If you haven't met them, visit their blogs. Even if you have met them, you will enjoy reading what they have to say today and in the future. Click on a name below to check out their blogs. (If these links aren't working, you can also find links to their posts on Stephanie's blog.)

Alex Cavanaugh
Beverly Stowe McClure

http://stephie5741.blogspot.com/2017/04/iwsg-and-partying-with-piper.html

Thank you for stopping by my blog!



12 comments:

  1. I`m so glad I found this blog, because I am a new, fresh writer, trying to make something out of my work. Just a few minutes ago, I launched a promotional campaign for my first book, hope it will help :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.si/2017/04/giveaway-with-free-book-bath-bombs-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you will find a lot of information on the IWSG website. It is filled with wonderful people willing to help new writers and "used" writers like me. ;-) I'll visit your blog later tonight. Thank you for stopping by. Good luck with your book!

      Delete
  2. A-Z really is a challenge, but it can be lots of fun.

    Happy IWSG Day! And congrats to Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Madeline. Happy IWSG Day to you too!

      Delete
  3. The month-long bit is easier when you preplan and prepost your posts. Not that I've ever done that, but I'm sure it would make the month much smoother. You just have to start writing them in January ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to have started writing them in January 2016 in order to post this month! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I always say that "maybe next year" I'll manage to make it to the challenge, but then life gets in the way. Maybe someday? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz A. said to start in January and prepost them in advance. Maybe if I started today for next year...

      Delete
  5. I have had fun with A to Z, but it just hasn't worked the past few years. It's a tough commitment, but it is fun.
    Yay for Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire those who do the A to Z Challenge. I guess I'm loving the freedom retirement affords too much to take on a month-long commitment at this point. Maybe I'll give it a try in the future.

      Delete
  6. Big congratulations to Stephanie!
    Not participating in the Challenge either. Too much work this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you keep up with everything you do, Alex!

      Delete